6th Meeting of the BCC Ministerial Conference
The 6th Ministerial Conference was held on 9 November 2017 in Windhoek. The meeting was Ministers, Deputy Ministers and Secretaries of State from all Parties.
At the meeting, the Ministers:
· evaluated the implementation of the Convention and approved any changes to the Strategic Action Programme (SAP);
· took actions necessary to facilitate the effective implementation of SAP;
· reviewed and approved the Annual Report 2016/2017;
· reviewed and approved the work plans for the next fiscal year;
· reviewed and provided policy guidance of governance matters; and
· signed the Headquarters Agreement between the host Government and the BCC.
Fifth BCC Ministerial Conference
The 5th Benguela Current Commission (BCC) Ministerial Conference met in Swakopmund on the 8th December 2016 to deliberate on issues pertaining to the progress and challenges made in implementing the 2015 – 2019 Strategic Action Programme (SAP). The agenda also included discussions on the rationale and justification for collaboration transboundary marine environmental problems, opportunities for economic potential development in the Benguela Current Large Marine Ecosystem (BCLME) region and strategic actions for addressing specific transboundary issues in seismic surveys in the tuna industry and phosphate mining in relation to the environment. Read full Ministerial Communique here
Environmental Development Journal Vol. 17, Part 1 (January 2016)
Editors: Kenneth Sherman and Hashali Hamukuaya
This definitive new volume presents results of an ecosystem based approach to adaptive management of the world’s Large Marine Ecosystems, supported by studies of LME productivity, fish & fisheries, pollution and ecosystem health, socioeconomics, and governance.
Authors focus on results of natural science and social science assessments of human and environmental stressors in support of ecosystem based management practices to recover and sustain LME goods and services. Download the flyer here.