Three countries sharing a productive ecosystem
The Benguela Current Commission is a multi-sectoral inter-governmental initiative of Angola, Namibia and South Africa. It promotes the sustainable management and protection of the Benguela Current Large Marine Ecosystem, or BCLME.
Jan 19 , 2015
Please note that the recently advertised positions with the project "Enhancing Climate Change Resilience in the Benguela Current Fisheries System" are open to qualified candidates from all BCC member states, and not only Namibian nationals as was previously stated.
The correct Terms of Reference are available here: Terms of Reference: Climate Change project staff (242.23 kB)
Jan 15 , 2015
The BCC is launching a five-year project "Enhancing Climate Change Resilience in the Benguela Current Fisheries System." To implement the project, the following staff are required:
1. Project Coordinator
2. Finance and Procurement Officer
3. National Project Coordinator (3 positions, National Consultant)
4. Communications and participation resource person
5. Fisheries and fisheries community-based resilience resource person
6. Climate change resource person
7. Fisheries and fisheries communities planning assistant
8. Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
The detailed terms of reference are available here: Terms of Reference: Climate Change project staff (242.23 kB)
Qualified candidates who are nationals of BCC member states are invited to apply.
Closing Date: 13 February 2015 (not later than 17H00).
Dec 08 , 2014
The Global Environment Facility (GEF), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the governments of Germany and Norway have pledged to continue supporting the work of the Benguela Current Commission.